Quote: “There is a conscious design at play, a design that’s interwoven into all things – that serves the purpose of Life waking up to itself.”
Why am I writing about this?
I’ve had a vision for quite some time, and over the many years of sharing insights, having retreats, and holding space for people one-on-one, this vision continues to stir in my heart.
The vision attempts to be the answer to a simple question:
What would it look like to create a community space where devoted hearts can dive deep together, and make genuinely profound and meaningful progress on their spiritual/human journey?
In my explorations of spiritual/human growth and transformation, a component that people often find missing is that of genuine community and interpersonal support. Often, it’s missing because we fear the “hall of mirrors” that might show us something we would rather not see, but maybe need to see. For others, it can seem missing because our circle of friends and connections are not interested in the same depth of self-discovery and growth.
Whatever the apparent reason, it’s hard to ignore a sincere desire that says…
“I wish I had more support, a more focused environment where I can learn and grow in my capacity to see myself, others, and life more clearly.”
“I see how important this is, how important it is that I devote myself to a path of spiritual/human growth and development, but I seem to be so consumed by the expectations that come with… just getting by.”**
Through the years, I’ve had little experiments; attempts to explore how such a space could be created, and understanding more deeply what my role might be in leading such a space.
A personal hang-up that I keep bumping into, is pushing away any leadership role I might have in such a thing. As in:
“I don’t want to be the leader and I don’t want to be… the teacher. I just want to create and share.”
Behind this personal statement are two very sincere realizations.
- It’s true that it’s not about me, and it’s true that I’m not really those things, but they are just roles to play.
- Painfully, I’m trying to avoid potential failures and deeper calls of service and responsibility.
I guess, in another perspective, I was still learning and growing, and didn’t yet feel ready to fully step into such a thing or role. However, more and more, I keep hearing a whisper that says… “It’s time, it’s time.”
This past couple of years, November 2021 to now, have been (what appears to be) a huge transformation in my personal and practical life growth. Clearly, it has made space for me to be open for a devotion to stepping into the roles that my heart and human feels designed for.
In the Spirit of This…
In the spirit of all this, above, my focus has developed into creating more deliberate content, resources, and opportunities for those who deeply resonate with my particular flavor of spiritual exploration.
Playfully, and in a deliberately focused way, I’m consciously stepping into the roles of leader, teacher, and devotional student.
I intend to create a community container and growth map, of sorts, to assist HeartBased Humans in their devotional commitment to engage their human/spiritual journey of growth and transformation.
You may or may not know about it yet, but I’m referring to the HeartBased Deep Divers’ community and Group Training; which I’m still developing.
I’m looking to have short Zoom conversations with people to understand, from their perspective, what would make such a community space amazing for them. Also, to explore what seems to be the blocks or hindrances toward making more meaningful progress on their journey.
If you’d like to learn more about that and/or jump on a short call with me, you can do that here, and let me know you’re interested.
The Four Pillars…
The 4 Pillar PATH for human/spiritual growth and transformation
Pillars provide stability, guidance, and meaning. Pillars allow us to focus and build upon a strong foundation. In the 4 pillars I’ve created for the journey of human/spiritual growth and transformation, I intend to simplify the process, without getting lost in complex spiritual concepts and hyperbole.
The map and content I create, and the community space, will be centered around these 4 pillars for human/spiritual growth and transformation.
- Pillar 1: Perception → Discernment
- Pillar 2: Acceptance → Humility
- Pillar 3: Transparency → Compassion
- Pillar 4: Healing → Freedom
Pillar 1: Perception → Discernment
Perception is the awareness to see that we see, and discernment is to distinguish the difference between reality and illusion.
- This is a HeartBased skill set, an ability that every human has the capacity to develop and improve. By enhancing our ability to bring attention and awareness to our perceptions, we naturally become more adept at distinguishing between illusions and reality. This process sets the foundation for genuine growth on our human/spiritual journey. All growth and transformation are rooted in the ability to discern reality from illusion.
- Relevant quotes:
- Tiger’s Favorite: “The more you know yourself, the more clarity there is. Self-knowledge has no end – you don’t come to an achievement, you don’t come to a conclusion. It is an endless river.” — Jiddu Krishnamurti
- “The eye sees only what the mind is prepared to comprehend.” — Henri Bergson
- “To see a world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour.” — William Blake
- “The voyage of discovery is not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.” — Marcel Proust
Pillar 2: Acceptance → Humility
Acceptance is the willingness to embrace the reality of things, and brings us to a space of humble openness that trusts in Life’s sacred design.
- This is the opening within the heart, where we become more available for Life’s intelligence to guide us, to impart insight and wisdom, and to show us things we didn’t see before. Acceptance is the release of resistance, and humility is the surrender to all that is unknown. Whatever growth and transformations we desire, they will be built upon a deeper acceptance of what is, and a humility that can acknowledge the reality of just how much we don’t really know.
- Relevant quotes:
- Tiger’s Favorite: “Humility is the foundation of all the other virtues, hence, in the soul in which this virtue does not exist, there cannot be any other virtue except in mere appearance.” — Augustine of Hippo
- “Humility is not a sign of weakness, but a sign of strength. It takes great courage to admit our limitations and embrace our imperfections.” — Albert Einstein
- “To truly accept yourself is the beginning of true humility.” — Carl Jung
- “Humility is the foundation of true wisdom.” — Socrates
Pillar 3: Transparency → Compassion
Transparency is to make contact with self, others, and Life behind the mind’s protections, stories, and judgments. In this space, we uncover the real heart and power of compassion.
- Here, we encounter the opportunity for genuine and HeartBased connection with ourselves, others, and all of Life. When built upon the first two pillars of Perception → Discernment and Acceptance → Humility, we find a more graceful approach to opening our hearts and seeing the heart of Life as a whole. Compassion is the superpower that enables us to be less disturbed by the mind, others, and the world.
- Relevant quotes:
- Tiger’s Favorite: “The greatest gift you can give to others is your presence and understanding.” — Thich Nhat Hanh
- “When we cultivate compassion, we become a channel for divine grace to flow through us.” — Lao Tzu
- “Compassion is not a sign of weakness, but a manifestation of strength and wisdom.” — Gautama Buddha
- “Compassion is the key that unlocks the door to inner peace and happiness.” — Mahatma Gandhi
Pillar 4: Healing → Freedom
Healing is the great human adventure that finds itself harmonizing with the wholeness of Life. Freedom is the boundless space where the soul can finally sing its song.
- There is the mind’s idea, illusion of healing and freedom, and then there is the real thing. As we journey through our human/spiritual loves, we come to realize that healing and freedom are not something we acquire in the future. Rather, they are fundamental aspects held within the very nature of what we are. Meaning, in our experiences where healing and freedom seem absent, it’s not because they are, it’s because we don’t see the truth of what we are.
- Relevant quotes:
- Tiger’s Favorite: “Healing is not a science, but the intuitive art of wooing nature.” — W.H. Auden
- “Healing is not a destination, but a journey of self-discovery and self-acceptance.” — Carl Jung
- “When you realize how perfect everything is, you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky.” — Buddha
- “The only way to deal with this life and its sorrows is to accept it, to face it, to understand it and then to proceed with calmness, with freedom, with joy.” — Jiddu Krishnamurti
Life’s Conscious Design…
In my view, there is a conscious design at play, a design that’s interwoven into all things – that serves the purpose of Life waking up to itself. Naturally, you being an inseparable aspect of life, such a design is playing out in you as well.
This design reaches far beyond the mind’s comprehension. Sure, we can intellectually put some pieces together, and that can be helpful. Yet, what you are, the fullness of what you are, is so much more than the aspect of the mind, or what happens in the mind. To put it in terms, the mind might understand that the mind is 1% of your totality. Yes, I just totally made that up, but hopefully, you see the point I’m pointing toward.
Just as easily, we can get lost in what, we think, are the 99 other aspects, the 99 other parts that might be the missing keys we need for liberation.
What we really require is 1 thing, and, you already have it; a heart that is connected to the wholeness of Life’s conscious design.
Just because we might not feel that to be true, doesn’t mean it’s not true.
The invitation is to open up to the heart of what you are, and see for yourself just how deeply you are connected to and supported by Life.
What would make an online community awesome?
It seems that the interconnectedness between humans online is here to stay. And as I contemplate the building of a community space that can truly serve the purposes outlined above, I would really love the opportunity to speak with people who desire the same.
If you’re open to exploring with me, I’d love the chance to get your feedback.